Thursday, October 8, 2009

So Frenchie, so Chilean


The area I am living in a quiet grungy and cool looking but not in a Fitzroy kind of way, more in a dirty kind of way. There aren't heaps of people out and about and there aren't too many places to go, the rich people live on the other side of the city. But this little gem is an exception. A peluquería (hairdresser) and restaurant/cafe. It's French themed and totally mental. They have French shit stuck EVERYWHERE. And the service at this joint was almost acceptable. It was a bit pricy though (by Chilean standards not Australian), so not sure how many times I will returneth.



That cake DID taste as good as it looks. And I don't know what the fuck was in that glass (some kinda juice-ness) but it was amazing too. I couldn't finish the cake and wasn't carrying any Zip Lock Glad Bags but seriously considered either shoving it in the empty glass and taking it home or shoving it into my Man Bag when no one was looking to relive the magic later.

With Regiane — a Brazilian from the residence. Like all damn Brazilians she is superior to me at Spanish and hence handled the ordering duties.

They have a seriously over-the-top menu slash newspaper thingo. I think Regiane asked if we could keep them. I didn't understand the question, let alone the answer so I took it anyway.







No comments:

Post a Comment