Monday, September 21, 2009

By the beard of Zeus!




If you are really my friends you will never let this happen again. A beard not fit for a deserted tropical island that would make baby Jesus cry all night long. Straight out of the trash can, I'm surprised I even got served street vendor empanadas (sweet, sweet empanadas EVEN the microwaved ones). I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy (which at the moment is the dude that sells me discount beers through a cage around the corner). I got attacked by one of the numerous Santiago street dogs the other week and I think I know why now — pure terror. The goatee is a further step in the *wrong direction*, not worth the 5 minutes I kept it. However, I think you'll agree the moustache is looking deliciously tough (if somewhat like a cat turd rolled in hair). I think I'll revert back to my standard passive romper stomper look for the moment (sans suspenders), I need to look tough as so that I don't get rolled in the street.

Another three months and this is how dirty it would have looked (but very healthy, no?). Imagine the empanadas that would have got lost in that sucker! Rendered by one of the in-house artists at ¡Man Abroad!

4 comments:

  1. great pictures, you like a different person in each - 1st one: possible suicide bomber, #2 aussie guy wearing silky adidas track suit planning next dodgy deal, #3 a spanish taxi driver - #4... well the mind boggles, maybe you have resorted to making home grown merkins for extra cash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the fuck is a merkin Mr Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. merkin=pubic wig
    http://www.merkinworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah! THAT is awesome. Yes I do have my own 'Merkin' shaped like Battlestar Galactica but was unaware of its existence in mainstream society.

    ReplyDelete