Thursday, August 27, 2009

Qantas vs Lan Airlines



Anyone considering traveling anywhere where another airline besides Qantas operates — fucking do it (I flew them from Melbourne to Auckland). Don't get me wrong, I'm a patriot like every Australian BUT when the only inflight entertainment for the whole trip is Wolverine played on a 32cm screen suspended from the isle ceiling, you can forget about it. Not to mention the crusty flight attendants wearing what looks like curtains from the 70's.

My next flight from Auckland to Santiago was with the unknown LAN Airlines. Who are they? They must be dodgy if they are South American. I've seen the movie Alive, I know to sit in the middle of the plane because the back end snaps off and the front end hits the ground first. And eating people doesn't scare me either BUT I will not live 6 months in the snow wearing only a black-hooded leather jacket and jeans from Nudies (which don't need to be washed). Oh but was I wrong: sexy bilingual hostesses, complimentary earplugs, pillow, rug and eyepatch, tolerable ravioli and licorice-arseless ham and cheese focaccia, twice as much leg room and a television with a boat load of movies and TV shows. I was, however disappointed with the lame selection of games after recently leaving the 10 Palmer Street X-Box Mega Centre. Why no first person shooters? Lift your game Qantas, lift your game.

No comments:

Post a Comment